Sunday, October 4, 2009

World Card Making Day

World card making day was yesterday (3rd October), and Inkurable Stampers blog are running a challenge to make a card without a traditional opening (and at least one stamp of course!). Sarah made a gorgeous Tri-fold shutter card, which has maybe inspired my Christmas cards for this year.

However, for the challenge I made a swing (flip-flop) card from this tuturial at Splitcoast Stampers. The centre part has two sides - one side is visible when the card is shut, and when you open the card it flops to the other side which is where your message goes - a very clever idea.

I have used Stampin Up 'Polka Dots and Paisley' stamps on mine.

Fiona
xx

8 comments:

Jacob said...

Great idea, brilliant implementation - love it :)

Naomi said...

It's great! The way it just foldss in is excellent!

Love,mim

Emily said...

never would have thought of it! it looks great, how you managed to get the flower stamp the exact same place on the other side, i'll never no...:D
Love Em
XXOO

Rossylalah said...

love it Fiona, is the pattern cardstock Stampin Up! too.

Fiona said...

Hi Ros, no it's not. I actually used Bazzill as the base, but completely covered it in Carolees Creations ppr 'treasured doodles'. Thanks for visiting
Fiona

Vicky said...

Hi Fiona, I was also going to ask about the pp :) Beautiful card, & great sentiment too. Thanks for visiting my blog , cheers.

Melanie Baldry said...

Thank you for visiting my blog, your card is a great idea for christmas cards I really need to make a start on them christmas will be here before I know it :)

Gizmo said...

That's a beautiful card Fiona!
Very clever idea :0)
Hugs
Monica
xoxo