Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Scraplings Tags to say Thank You

Well, Christmas is fast approaching, as is the end of the year. It is a great time to say thanks to people who have given their time up in service to someone else.


Over at Inkurable Stampers the challenge for this month is to make a 'twinchie' - a 2x2 inch piece of paper art. I will be revealing mine soon, but Sarah also talked about some other sized art pieces, including 'scraplings'. I really loved the size of these (1 1/4 inch x 4 1/4 inch), and decided I would try making some.


I had to make some thank you tags for some teenagers at church who have helped out in the creche department, and this is what I came up with (both male and female versions). I tried to keep the scraplings a bit funky and grungy at the same time. The female ones are made with Imagination Project 'Chloes Closet' papers, the male ones with a little Basic Grey 'Figgy Pudding', as well as bazzill, and Kaisercraft 'offshore' and 'friends' clear stamps.



If you like the size and want to see more, why don't you pop over to Godelieve's blog as she has some fantastic scraplings that she has made, and I'm sure they will inspire you!


Fiona
xx

3 comments:

Godelieve said...

Thanks for linking to my blog Fiona. Your scraplings are adorable! I love your handdrawn frames on the inside!!
Aren't these fun to make?

Cuchy said...

Hi Fiona, and thank you for your comment on my blog.
I never heard about scraplings until Sarah talked about them on her blog. Yours are fantastic and ideal for teens. They will love them, sure.

Jacob said...

Beautiful mum, I'm sure the kids will love them :)