Monday, February 15, 2010

February Inspiration Challenge at 123scrapbook.com.au

123scrapbook.com.au is running an inspiration challenge this month. You needed to take inspiration from this picture, and create a project:


I used the contrast between the subtle background colours and the strong black to influence my birthday card, which was given to my beautiful mum.
Hopefully in this photo you can see some of the depth in the way the bird was attached to the card.

I used Bazzill, and MME 'Bella Bella' paper, and lots of inking techniques on the background. The black grass was hand cut, and the bird was painted black, before being overstamped with a Darkroom Door background stamp and covered in gorgeous black glitter.

Fiona
xx

1 comments:

Emily said...

I love the embossing on the black bird, and the subtle coloured flowers. Love it!