Thursday, April 29, 2010

2S4Y sketch #51

I found this great sketch blog called 2 sketches 4 you while I was drifting through cyberspace yesterday, and thought I would have a go at their sketch this week.


So here is the sketch by Kazan....


And here is my interpretation - I have flipped and rotated it ;)


Here is a close up of the depth of the layers and the flower:

I have used MME Bella Bella papers, BG Blush, and Bazzill cardstock plus a little scrap card. The quote is from Kaisercraft 'friends' stamps. I have used some Tim Holtz distress inks to take away the hard edges of the frames. The base of the flower has been inked, run through the cuttlebug, sanded, and inked some more. The little petals are little punched circles which have been sliced and reglued to form cupped petals.

I had fun making this card - thanks!

Fiona
xx

4 comments:

Sam said...

Beautiful. Great combination of papers and such a clever blossom. Great idea.

Be(e) said...

I love this card, Fiona!! Elegant! Very creative flower you've created!!
Els :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

so cute!!

Kazan Clark said...

that flower is just gorgeous! lovely the card
thanks for joining us here at 2S4Y
:) Kazan