Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Inkurable Stampers 2nd Birthday - Challenge #3

So this was the last challenge issued for Inkurable Stampers birthday weekend, and it was to showcase a technique called 'spotlighting'. I used a similar technique on my Christmas cards last year, although I used a jigsaw puzzle piece to highlight a portion of my stamp - you can view it here.


I used Darkroom Door "Essentials 4" stamps on my oversize tag (to be attached to a LO at a later date). I highlighted the whole of the centre part of the stamp and raised it over a layer of black cardstock for extra emphasis. The raised portion was coloured just with normal colouring pencils.


The quote was cut up and mounted on separate pieces of cardstock before attaching to the tag. The quote in the background comes from the same stamp set, but wasn't long enough to fill the required space, so I just stamped it a second time above to fill in the gap (as you weren't meant to be able to read the quote).



Fiona
xx

2 comments:

Be(e) said...

Hi Fiona,
you obviously have been busy too this weekend. Gorgeous art work!! I love your 2X4, so divine!! And that windows card for the first challenge, so elaborated! Amazing entry for the black, red and white challenge too!
Btw: Congrats on your birthday (one of these days) and keep us posted on the die cutter :)
Els.

Lyn S said...

Wow, you did an awesome job on all of the 3 challenges Fiona, sorry I missed all the chat over the weekend.......sounds like you had a fun time!