Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My First ATC

I have finally given it a go, and made my first ATC - never thought I would, but as usual, it's hard to stay away from what everyone else is doing!


I first stamped some Tim Holtz stamps with versamark and clear embossed them, before using Tim Holtz Distress Inks (peeled paint, fired brick, barn door, old paper, mustard seed, tea dye) - to smoosh around and make my background, with a little water for extra blending. A couple more stamps on top, and the largest bird has been re stamped on scrap card so I could make him go 3D. The mounted quote is a portion of the Tim Holtz stamp used on the background, and sort of sums up how I felt about finally sitting down to create my first ATC.

Because I could, I have linked this post up to a Sunday Stamper challenge run by Hels Sheridan - you should check out her blog ;)

Stamps used: Tim Holtz - French Market, Lifes Possibilities and Lost and Found; Kaisercraft - Dear Santa

Thanks for stopping by

Fiona
xx

8 comments:

Godelieve said...

Wow, it's really gorgeous! I hope you will do more of these!

Be(e) said...

Gorgeous one, Fiona!! Love that background, it is stunning! Hope to see you make more of these in the future ;)

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous ATC Fiona, I love it :)
Anne xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous ART hun, and yep, you can enter where ever you live *am ever so slightly jealous that I ain't in Australia though LOL* Thanks for joining in and hope to see you back again x

flutterbycrafter said...

What a beautiful ATC, love it. x

shirley said...

Gorgeous ATC Fee!
Hope you do more.
I have only done about four sets of ATC swaps (Darkroom Door).
I was unsure about doing them at first, but now I love ATC swaps! Hope I get one of yours one day!

Cuchy said...

Great ATC. I'm addicted to them.
I'd love to swap some with you.

Marcy said...

OH OH OH I LOVE THIS!!!! :)