Monday, May 17, 2010

Darkroom Door ATC's

I thought I would share a set of ATC's I finished a couple of days ago. These all use the same basic supplies - Darkroom Door 'venetian' papers, bazzill, Darkroom Door 'art de fleur vol 2' stamps, Tim Holtz Distress Inks (tea dye, walnut stain, fired brick) and Jet Black Archival Ink.


This is a lengthy post, but I hope you enjoy looking at my ATC's.

1 of 4 'Today'


I used Tombow pens (#847,879,992) and dove blender pen to stamp the flower heads. They were stamped twice - once to the ATC, and once on scrap card. The extras were carefully cut out, and mounted on pop dots. The stems were backstitched with DMC thread (#898).

2 of 4 'Dream'


I used the Tim Holtz alterations 'tab' die to create a mini file folder, into which it appears as if the stamped postcard has just been placed for safe keeping. I distressed the edges of the postcard stamp, and the paperclip was coloured with Alcohol Ink (currant).

3 of 4 'Yesterday'

This one turned out nothing like it started in my head! I used a See D's journalling stamp which I trimmed the lined centre from the border, and the pieces were then offset and layered and a touch of ribbon added.

4 of 4 'Cherish'

Plenty of distressing, layering, and tearing took place on this ATC. The staples were used to hold back my torn and rolled layer, and photo turns to 'hold' the post card note pieces in place.

I hope you enjoyed my Darkroom Door ATC journey!. Thanks for stopping by :)

Fiona
xx

4 comments:

shirley said...

These are beautiful Fee! Love the vintage colours and distressing.

Godelieve said...

Wow Fiona, love how these ATCs turned out!! Such lovely details that make them special.

Anneke said...

Don't know where to look first :)
Beautiful ATC's, I love the colors, you used the DD stamps in a very original way!

Vicky said...

These are beautiful, Fiona, so much detail, & the perfect colour scheme too :)