Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Moxie Fab World Fabric Challenge

I joined in the Fun with Fabric challenge over at Moxie Fab World this week, when I created this tri fold card for my son's birthday yesterday.


I created pockets out of tea dyed calico scraps I found in my cupboard. Very nervously I inked and stamped them up with some distress inks hoping the inks wouldn't smudge. When I thought they were almost dry, I pressed them with the iron just to make sure the ink would stay put.

The front pocket holds two note tabs (using Tim Holtz alteration 'Tab' die) representing his age, which have been stamped as well.


When you open the first flap, it reveals another calico pocket, which is also stamped and inked, and contains a third note tab expressing his age in a different way. The front flap once opened encourages the journey through the card by using arrows to focus not only on the 2nd pocket, but also on what lies underneath the last flap.



I haven't uploaded the final photo of the inside of his card, as the weather has been a bit on the dreary side, and I wasn't able to take photos prior to writing in the card.

Tomorrow I will be back to show you a matching gift box.

Fiona
xx

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Great idea - love the pocket and the distressing!

Be(e) said...

Oh, Wow, Fiona! This is stunning! How creative to make these pockets! Gorgeous distressing and stamping!!

Cath said...

Hey Fiona! Thanks for entering the Fun with Fabric challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you were inspired enough to play along! :)