Thursday, May 20, 2010

A set of ATC's

I have a set of funky ATC's to show you all today. I had so much fun working on these, they were so quirky.

These ATC's all use the stamp 'smile' by Stampotique, which were all stamped using Archival jet black ink, using bazzill and Kaiser 'sublime' papers. As all my images were cut out, his hair was lost, so I replaced his hair with black wire curls on each of the images.

1 of 4 Happy Heart


I used barn door distress ink and recreated the heart on his shirt using a See D's journalling stamp as the background. The tulip is an old unkown origin stamp attached to his hand with black wire. The text is from Stampin Up and held to the ATC using DMC thread.

2 of 4 I {Heart} You


The same DMC thread was used to hand stitch the frame, and the 'i' and 'u' were masked out of a word from Kaiser 'all about me' stamps. The heart was stamped in barn door distress ink.

3 of 4 Peek a Boo


I chopped up my stamped image into body/head. The body was trimmed to appear as if he was leaning into the ATC, with his head further tilted inwards. The letter stickers are from sam & lucy, and the large letters are some unknown foam stamps which were inked in versacolor split pea and black, cut out and edged with a black pigment pen before being attached to the ATC. The border up the top was made using the teeth and heart from the image being stamped on to scrap and cut out and reassembled as a border.

4 of 4 Smile


This one used the same letter stickers from sam & lucy, and the same teeth/heart border.


Thanks for stopping by

Fiona
xx

3 comments:

Be(e) said...

I love your ATC's, Fiona!! They are so striking! Great choice of color and fun stamps!!

Lux said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lux said...

Thanx for introducing me to Stampotique!