Friday, May 21, 2010

Sketch Saturday Week 103

I think I'm just going to squeek in with an entry into week 103 at Sketch Saturday blog....


I really liked this sketch, and have made a card for my daughter's birthday (you can see the matching gift box I made here).

I started with Bo Bunny 'flutter butter' papers, Tim Holtz stamps (french market, urban grunge), and distress inks (faded jeans, peeled paint, mustard seed, tea dye, walnut stain).



The main image is a stamp from Inky Antics stamped in archival jet black and trimmed out. She was coloured with the distress inks, to keep my colours uniform across the card. She was popped on glue dots, with black wire added for antennae, and Tim Holtz 'butterfly' alteration die for the wings. The other papers were inked and stamped, and sewn in place. Finally I added a few rolled paper roses to finish it off.

Here is an image of the inside of the card as well... again using the butterfly die, and more inking and sewing.



Thanks for stopping by... have a great day :)

Fiona
xx

6 comments:

Jo said...

OMG! this is spectacular! I love everything about this card and I want that stamp!! lol
Thank you for joining in our challenge this week at sketch saturday
Jo xx

shirley said...

GORGEOUS!

Be(e) said...

Wow!! You're on a roll, Fiona!!! Beautiful card!! Love the sets of wings you gave the little fellow! The inside looks great too!

Rossylalah said...

Hi Fiona! Wow, I haven't been over in a while. I had to tell myself to breathe! Everything is gorgeous! I love the ATC's, all of them! And the amount of work that has gone into this card, amazing. Beautiful colour combo's.

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona, Just love the work you have put into the card .
Love Mum .x

Marcy said...

Oh my gosh this is spectacular!!! I love the detail, the stitching and the inking! :)