Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sunday Stamper week 102

I'm back already with an ATC for the Sunday Stamper challenge! This weeks criteria was to use gold on your project :) I really wanted to try an Asian theme on my ATC, using a few scraps of Japanese papers courtesy of my MIL. So here it is.....


Of course, the finished product barely resembles what I set out to achieve, yet I was still pleased that it looked somewhat Asian.

The stamps are from Laughing Moon (floral, the fan image on the bow shape, and the gold embossed circle on the background). The black stamping was all done using Jet Black Archival ink, and I restricted myself to only 4 Tim Holtz distress inks (shock!) - fired brick, worn lipstick, barn door and walnut stain. The black script is actually one of the Japanese papers. So I've used some DMC gold thread, and some gold embossing on the background and to highlight in the flowers. The leaves were stamped an extra copy and pop dots to make them 3D.

Thanks for stopping by!

Fiona
xx

7 comments:

Be(e) said...

Absolutely fabulous, Fiona!! Love the color combo, the Asian theme and all the amazing details!

kasia c. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the watermarks and the paper "bow".

Hels Sheridan said...

Stunning ATC Fiona, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper hun x

Lori said...

It does look Asian! Well done, and I love the colors!

Diana said...

So elegant! BRAVO

flutterbycrafter said...

A beautiful tag, love the use of gold on it.

shirley said...

This is even more gorgeous in real life! I was very lucky to receive it in the beautiful mail art envelope.