Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sunday Stamper week 104

The challenge over at Hels Blog for Sunday Stampers this week is to rip it up and tear it up! That's right, ripping/tearing, and the use of at least one stamp.



The main image in my ATC is called 'Emily' by Paperbag Studios. Around the edges (and barely visible) are some Darkroom Door Art De Fleur Vol 2 and Basic Grey Flourish stamps. The torn out frame was stamped with Hero Arts Friends Definition stamp.

I did use some milled lavender and dusty concord distress inks, but they mostly got covered over with a few other distress inks!



To add a little interaction of my 'framed' image, I stamped and embossed another of the flower necklaces, which I embossed in black, with a sprinkling of copper (which probably isn't visible in the pictures). I then used some DMC Antique Effects black thread (this is a bit like plastic sewing thread if you haven't seen it before) to highlight her necklace, and attached the embossed flower on the outside of the frame.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Fiona
xx

5 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Absolutely beautiful card, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper hun x

Be(e) said...

Lovely, Fiona!! Great flower accent!!

Karen Ellis said...

just popping in to let you know how much I love your ATC!! It's stunning

flutterbycrafter said...

Wow, love what you've done here, very creative.

shirley said...

Love all the details on this lovely atc. I love distressing and tearing is fun! Love the flower and thread wrapped aroung the frame.