Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fabric Love Letter Envelope

Hi again :)


I wanted to make something for my beautiful niece Rowena last week, and I thought I'd try something a little different. I wanted to try stamping on fabric, but I didn't have any fabric ink pads. So I diligently mixed up some acrylic paints and mixed in some fabric additive so the image could be ironed for permanancy afterwards.


The mixture was quite watery, and it made it a little difficult to control, especially trying to achieve a bit of a grungey effect. I used a few Tim Holtz stamps, and the word mail is from a set of Darkroom Door alphabets. I used a sponge to attempt the grunge around the edges. I backstitched the 'love'.

The centre panel and the exterior flaps on the back is just dyed calico, and the log cabin fabric has been foundation pieced in J Apple 'n' Bee fabric. The inside has been lined in fabric from this same range.


This envelope measures 8" by 10" and it's usefulness is for holding love letters from a someone special. I'm sure my niece will be able to put something in there.... ;)

Thanks for stopping by

Fiona
xx

4 comments:

mustavcoffee said...

This is gorgeous Fiona, such dedication, making your own fabric dye, I am so impressed. It turned out so well, grungy and an heirloom, I'm convinced your niece will treasure this lovely envelope,XXX

Lori said...

Love it, it's gorgeous!

Jenxo said...

what a beautiful present, im sure she will treasure it....

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona , Love the envelope , beautiful work .
Love Mum