Monday, June 28, 2010

more mailart

After Sarah's mailart challenge last month at Inkurable Stampers, I have been inspired to take more care with my envelopes, especially for special occasions.


About a week ago, my daughter and I went to a class with Sarah Schwerin and made some cards using Kaisercraft Utopia stamps. The one card I almost finished at class (sorry Sarah - I'm so slow) was given to a staff member who finished work with us today, after 8 years or so with us. As it was definitely a special occasion, I decorated her envelope to match.


As I said, the stamps are from Kaisercraft (Utopia) and the background has been coloured using Distress Inks (Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire and Dusty Concord). I have also used white gel pen for highlighting, and blue and purple pencils for definition.

I've been busy finishing off a few projects over the last week or so, so I should be back soon with something else to show ;)

Fiona
xx

1 comments:

Lori said...

Ooo, this is serious drool material Fiona, I just LOVE the colors, and I love using the white pens for highlighting, makes a very striking piece!