Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sunday Stamper week 105

I decided on a LO for my effort for Sunday Stampers this week (lucky I just got it finished in time!)


The theme was 'wings'....


I started with Stampotique 'honeycomb background' and Distress Inks (spun sugar, victorian velvet, walnut stain) and stamped and inked my way around the edge of kraft cardstock. Then I took my eyelet punch tool and random punched around the edge, and tore the straight edge off. The flourish stamps and the writing on the wing tips are Tim Holtz 'urban grunge' stamps. The wings are none other than Tim Holtz Alteration die 'butterfly'.

The colours aren't a brilliant representation, but that's what you get for leaving it till the last minute (at night) to photograph your creation.....

Have a great day :)

Fiona
xx

6 comments:

mustavcoffee said...

Beautiful LO and don't you just love flourishes?
Great way to distress the edges must have taken a while LOL but worth it,xx

shirley said...

Fiona, I love the way you did the edges. I must try those colours together. Great use of the Alteration die. Love the flourish too!

Hels Sheridan said...

Brilliant LO - thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona , Just love your work , love all the details you go too .
Love Mum

Mim said...

Ohh, this is cool.. What a fab way to use those wings - love it! I found you via the Darkroom Door, then Inkurable Stampers.. what a web is the world of blogging. Glad I stumbled here though, have enjoyed looking at the things you create!

Marcy said...

I love the edge effect on your layout so clever!!! and you little stampotique starry ATC is magic!