Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sunday Stamper week 107

Hi everyone :)


I just want to say thanks for all the visitors and lovely wishes I've had for making the DT over at The Stamping Queen - it is much appreciated :)

Hels' Sheridan theme over at Sunday Stampers was numbers this week (in celebration of a certain birthday she was having), and she is giving away some blog candy. Click on the link in my sidebar to find out how you can join in.

In support of Hels, I have created an ATC in honour of my wonderful husband who celebrated his 40th birthday last week ;)


I have used Darkroom Door Essentials 4 Collection stamps, the clock from Tim Holtz Life's Possibilities stamps, and some foam number stamps. The words 'enjoy life' are clear embossed, and the background is distress ink (scattered straw, spiced marmalade, wild honey, rusty hinge, vintage photo, walnut stain). The clock is stamped in walnut stain, and the smaller words in vintage photo. I removed the ink from the hands of the clock stamp, and backstitched them in DMC thread #3827 and #938 to show the time as 4.00.

The zero of the '40' hangs attached by brad, eyelet and jump rings, and is positioned to show the arrow of the clock hand pointing at the 4 (it does hang loose though).

My husband was so eager to snaffle this ATC, that I nearly didn't get to photograph it!

Happy day to everyone :)

Fiona
xx

6 comments:

Lori said...

Fiona, This is a spectacular ATC! I LOVE the colors, and the stamping. The white words along the edge really pop! It's a beauty!

Hels Sheridan said...

Totally gorgeous ATC, good job you don't live closer otherwise I would snaffle it too :O)) THanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Martha said...

WOW, i love your ATC, gorgeous!

Be(e) said...

Fabulous, Fiona!!! Love the colors, the design, ... everything about it! :)

mustavcoffee said...

Bit late but better late than never, sorry, love your ATC, the colours are great and design very thoughtful. I can see exactly why your husband was so keen on it :) xx

Sarah Schwerin said...

Love this ATC! Very clever showing the clock at 4 O'clock too!