Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cards for Grace

OK.... so I've not joined in a card drive before....


If you are interested, check out Jennifer McGuire's post about the Cards for Grace card drive here - but hurry, cards need to be received by the end of July for this one off card drive for a little girl whose twin sister Ellie recently passed away from cancer. Just a little something to brighten her day....


I hope it was ok, but I actually followed a sketch for sketch saturday week 109 when making this card. The papers were left over Kaisercraft Utopia papers. The flower stamp and bug stamp are from Heidi Grace 'sweetest bug icons', the message is Darkroom Door 'art de fleur vol 2' and the spot under the bug was stamped with Hero Arts 'friends definition' stamp.

The images were coloured with pencils, and inked in Distress Ink 'broken china' and a little bit of black verscolor around the edges. I had to add some kindyglitz because it was for a little girl, and the bug and the message have been filled up with dimensional magic.

I usually like to make separate entries for challenges, but I hope Hels is OK that I include this as my entry for Sunday Stampers week 109 as well as I used pearls in my design.

Have a happy day everyone :)

Fiona
xx


4 comments:

Lori said...

Love the colors Fiona, and this is a really spectacular card, lots of detail, I love it!

Hels Sheridan said...

What a beautiful card and a beautiful idea to brighten that little girls day... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper hun... hugs x

Dezinaworld said...

This is so beautiful. I love the blues and greens together and all the detail
Have a fantastic weekend
hugs June xx

Sarah Schwerin said...

Gorgeous card Fiona. What a lovely cause. Good to see you using up the spare papers from our class! :)