Friday, July 16, 2010

Inkurable Stampers July Challenge

Sarah is running a colour challenge over at Inkurable Stampers this month. Purple/green, lavender/lime..... you get the picture ;)

When I got these Utopia stamps from Kaisercraft, I always knew it would only be a matter of time before I created a 3D image from them. I thought the challenge at Inkurable Stampers was a great opportunity to try it.

I began with this tutorial for a recessed window card from Splitcoast Stampers.


I used the large flower, corner flower, and leaf stamps from the Utopia set. I used black archival ink to stamp on Kaiser sorbet and lilac avenue papers (plus some bits and piecese from the scrap pieces). Once they were all cut out, I edged them all with peeled paint and dusty concord distress inks.

I have used glue dots and 3d mounting tape to raise my flowers, while using double sided tape to keep the flower centres lower. The greeting is from the Darkroom Door all occassions set.

The card was finished with kaiser rhinestones. This was definitely labour intensive, but I am pleased with the result. I love the recessed window - will definitely be doing this style again :)

Fiona
xx

4 comments:

shirley henry said...

Beautiful card Fiona!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona , love the card , and the colours .
Love Mum

Lori said...

Wow, this is stunning! Love the colors and the detail!

Carol Q said...

gorgeous colours!