Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Stampotique Designers Challenge 10

I'm back today with an entry into the Stampotique Designers Challenge 10. This week you had to include a Stampotique stamp, and base your creation around the theme freedom.

I have made an ATC (I know, I kind of went outside the dimensions with my image - is this allowed in ATC rules ???) I was going for a juxtaposition between free/wild. My wild 'Newt with Lunch Box' stamp and the freedom represented by wings. My ATC is called 'Born to be Wild Free'.



** Edited to add: This was chosen as a favourite

I started with the 'Honeycomb Background' stamp from Stampotique, which was clear embossed. I then distress inked the background (spiced marmalade, crushed olive, spun sugar, scattered straw, victorian velvet, walnut stain) and then overstamped the corners with the same stamp, clear embossing with victorian velvet and spiced marmalade, and a little rock candy in those same corners. Then I tore it up, and mounted part as the background, and a small piece in the top corner, with a piece of Bo Bunny scrap paper imbetween.

'Newt with Lunch Box' was stamped with archival ink, and coloured with pencils and tombow pens over the top. The word 'wild' was crossed out using DMC antique thread E310 and an over-sized, crooked cross stitch, and replaced with a back stitched word 'free'.

The wings were die cut using Tim Holtz Alterations butterfly out of a piece of firm plastic from a stamp packet (honestly - I saw Tim do this....) They were inked with Alcohol Ink (lettuce, butterscotch, wild plum and gold mixative) and the tips stamped with stazon using the 'honeycomb background'.

Thanks for sticking around if you got to the end of my post today ;)

Fiona
xx

17 comments:

mustavcoffee said...

Love it Fiona, not sure either about going outside the size. I'm sure it's fine and who cares you're a designer:) xx

joanne wardle said...

rules are made to be broken!
love this, her wings are fab

DonnaMundinger said...

LOVE it! Great title and the wings are FAB! xxD

Lori said...

I must admit, I'm not a big fan of Stampotique images, but this ATC itself is really cool! Love the wings, and all the layers of color in the background, well done!

scrappystickyinkymess said...

Gorgeous wings! And who cares if they overhang? It looks fab and surely that's what matters? :)

Mary Anne

craftytrog said...

Brilliant! Love those wings!

Aisling said...

It probably wouldn't fit in my ATC folders, but I totally love it. And one has to admit, the Torrente images just DEMAND a bit of anarchy!

Moniqui said...

Yes! You can go outside the size! And i love what you did! Great wings! Thanks for joining SDC!

Basement Stamper said...

Oh, I love the ATC and your wings behind the image. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge

AngelaC said...

This is a great ATC - personally I love the wings extending beyond the standard size! Gorgeous and original idea!

Jenxo said...

aww wonderrful atc, i love all your details and how you created it....

shirley said...

Love it Fiona! The wings look great!

Willy said...

What a terrific ATC with those wings, Fiona. Thanks for joining us at SDC #10

Mim said...

I think the wings are fab! Not sure on ATC requirements. Love the colours used here too, very cool!

Shannon said...

Awesome ATC!! Love the colors, the textures, the whole thing.......it rocks!!!

Be(e) said...

Love this, Fiona!! Fabulous colors and great detailing!! :)

Rossylalah said...

Love the many layers to this ATC Fiona! I don't know the rules about going outside the perimeter but hey you've got my permissionto do so.