Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunday Stamper week 112

I just realised how many weeks I've missed over at Sunday Stampers :( I've been busy preparing for a new term of homeschooling, so I haven't got quite as much done craft wise as I would have liked.


Hels' challenge this week was to focus on 'journey' and/or 'believe'. I had a mailart envelope to make, and seeing as though it was going on a journey, that is the one I chose to do.

Kept things simple - Distress Inks (wild honey, scattered straw, crushed olive, vintage photo), black archival ink, stamps from Tim Holtz (urban grunge and lost & found) Darkroom Door (artist and background floral) and Kaiser (rewind collection).

Envelope was inked up first, then I smooshed on ink using the applicator foam to my background stamp so it wasn't so wet and applied it to the envelope. Then stamped some images around the edges.

And tomorrow my envelope will leave for it's journey......

Fiona
xx

5 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Totaly beautiful.. loving the patterns and colours .. thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Lori said...

Looks dreamy, love the colors, and the stamping is WOWZA!

craftytrog said...

Beautiful artwork!

Sarah Schwerin said...

Gorgeous mail art Fiona! Off to check out Sunday Stampers - I've gone a bit challenge crazy lately! LOL!!! :)

Sue said...

This is absolutely beautiful Fiona the colours are gorgeous - I really do 'need'these x