Sunday, August 29, 2010

2010 Gothic Arches #13 - Christmas

So Christmas in July is a little late this year - lol :) Pop on over to Inkurable Stampers here if you want to find out what this is all about. Or over here to see the dedicated Flickr group on the Gothic Arches that have been created so far.

My arch was cut from MME Bella Bella. On the reverse side, I added pumice stone around the sides and top, and fired brick across the bottom, lightly edging it all in forest moss. I used the small script stamp from Hot Pick #1007 to stamp down the right side of the arch in forest moss (this was off-stamped on scrap paper and then I ‘huffed’ on it so that the colour was not quite as intense). I used a flourish in pumice stone for the left half.



The calendar was masked off, and the right side of the arch masked off, and using archival ink I stamped the calendar so it was peeking out just near where I wanted the Santa positioned. Santa was stamped in archival on scrap white, cut out, and attached after the rubons were adhered. Finally attached the star charm using a jump ring and eyelet so it hung nicely in the gap above the word. The last thing I did was take a fine black marker pen and carefully drew a frame around the edge wherever there was no embellishing.

Products Used:

Stamps - Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous ‘Christmas Miracle’
- Basic Grey ‘Flourish Edges’
- Paper Artsy ‘Hot Pick #1007’
MME Bella Bella and scrap white cardstock
Distress Inks – pumice stone, forest moss, fired brick
Black Archival Ink
Other – Kaiser rubons, charm, eyelet, jump ring


Stay tuned later today for the next them to be revealed!

Fiona
xx

2 comments:

Lori said...

Love it, Fee, and I like that Santa stamp, it's one of my faves. Beautiful!

Jenxo said...

aww nice Fee, cant have too much Christmas either ;) jenxo