Thursday, August 19, 2010

Inkurable Stampers August Challenge

Anybody up for a challenge? Why not head over to Inkurable Stampers this month (you still have time!) and try your hand at some resist techniques with your stamping - Sarah always has great prizes on offer ;)

And here is what I have created for my resist technique entry this month. It is a card - yes it has another recessed window feature - I really am loving this technique :)

**Edited to add: This was chosen as the Australian Winner. Thanks Sarah :)

So I have used two resist techniques on my card. The first is stamping with versamark and clear embossing, then inking with distress inks. Hopefully you can see two layers of resist with this technique - there is the white flourish in the top corner, then after I had applied a small amount of distress inks, I embossed a couple extra flourishes nearby (which are a lighter shade of red) before applying more distress ink over the top.


The second technique was using a white crayon to highlight the little birds in the grass and the dragonfly wings before distress inking over those as well. The DI are barn door, fired brick and walnut stain on Bazzill white, mounted on Bazzill black. The stamps are my very new Paper Artsy stamps - Hot Pick sets #1004; #1005; #1006.

The beautiful shiny rose is made with Ten Second Studio metal, backed in cardstock which has been inked and stamped as well, even though you can't see it. The petals are Paper Artsy flower die cut, which matches the flower from the Hot Pick set. You might be able to see some of the features added to the rose in this image....

Thanks for stopping by, and why don't you join in the fun at Inkurable Stampers this month?

Fiona
xx

12 comments:

Jenxo said...

aww this is just be3autiful, love the resist, must try that :)

Lori said...

Oh, Fee, this is DIVINE! Love the techniques and the colors! That rose is awesome, I just love those new Paper Artsy stamps and dies, it would cost a small fortune to get them over here in the US, but I love seeing what other people make with them...really lush piece....love it!

jenny said...

Oh this is awesome Fiona...love your background and that rose is just fabulous....looks wonderful...

Jenny x

Lyn S said...

This is just gorgeous Fiona! The flower is so stunning and love the colours!

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous... LOVE that rose, just divine x

shirley henry said...

Gorgeous card Fiona. LOVE the rose!
I am still thinking about my entry.

Anonymous said...

HI Fiona , Just love the card , and the colour is beautiful, love the rose .
Love Mum

Be(e) said...

This card is truly a piece of art, Fiona!!! The warm colors and the overall design are amazing!!

annette said...

This card is absolutely stunning, I came across it over on the Inkurable Stampers blog. Everything about it - lovely :0)

Deborah March said...

Oh my GOODNESS, absolutely SPECTACULAR piece!!

Lynn said...

A beautiful card, love he colours and the stamps, do you bet the paper artsy stamps from Australia or the UK. Just lovely

Fiona said...

Hi Lynn, so far I have bought my Paper Artsy stamps from Australia www.stampinstuff.com.au

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from the UK if I particularly wanted a set that I couldn't find in Australia though.

Hope that helps ;)