Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Stampotique Designers Challenge 12

I've only just made the cut off for the Stampotique Designers Challenge this week. The challenge set was a sketch challenge, using Stampotique Stamps.

Recently I made a recessed window card (you can view it here) based on this tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers. I really enjoyed it, and wanted to use it again, so I have employed it on this card.


**Edited to add: This card was chosen as a favourite


The front 'flap' of my card is actually a quarter inch thick. Stampotique 'Eric' is stamped to a separate 'flap' in the middle of the card so he is visible through the 3 recessed windows. I have given him a happy birthday sign to hold, and re-stamped his hand on scrap and mounted it over top of the sign handle. He was coloured just with pencils, and stamped with black archival ink. The centre 'flap' then opens as you would a normal card to the panel where you can write.


I have used Bazzill cardstock, and patterned cardstock by Scenic Route and some scraps.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Fiona
xx

10 comments:

scrappystickyinkymess said...

I think this is just fab!
Mary Anne

Alison said...

Brilliant card design Fee!

SmilynStef said...

What a great design ... love that birthday sign.

Basement Stamper said...

What an amazing card-the recessed window card is perfect with this sketch and I love him on the inside holding a sign! Great job and thanks for joining us at SDC!

Willy said...

What a fabulous and funny piece! Thanks for joining us at SDC #12.

Carol Q said...

that's cool, love the different layers. never seen a recessed card like this before. off to have a look

Kaz said...

Wow this card is just amazing! Thanks for joining us at SDC. I'm off to see how you made it! x

ARTful Wings said...

Hi Fiona - I just love your card - will have to try this design out myself too!!! Coloured with 'just pencils' - stunning work!!!! Polly x

Atticelf said...

Wow! What a cool card! I'm going to have to try this.

Vicky said...

Great way to use that sketch!