Sunday, September 5, 2010

2010 Gothic Arches #15 - Keys

This is the first of 3 Gothic Arch themes revealed on Inkurable Stampers this week (this brings us up to date - yay!). If you are interested in joining in, you can visit the original post to find out all about it here.

The base layer is Kaiser, overlayed with a smaller trimmed arch in white which has been coloured using antique linen, tea dye and vintage photo. Once this was completely dry, I stamped the damask image in versamark and hot set powder, which I covered with brown flocking powder – it didn’t take everywhere, but I was happy with the distressed appearance of it. I then used the two key stamps with walnut stain ink and randomly stamped from both ends of the key for a focal border.



The image comes from art-e-zine, and was edged in vintage photo and mounted on dark brown cardstock. The quote was typed up on the computer and printed out, and lightly sponged in antique linen and the edges dragged across the walnut stain ink pad.

I have used:

White & brown Cardstock & Kaiser Cardstock scrap
Stamps – Kaiser ‘Dear Santa’ (damask image)
- Kaiser ‘Empire Collection’ (key)
- The Girls Papierie ‘Paper Girl’ (Key)
Distress Inks – Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain
Versamark Ink, AED hot set powder, flocking powder, charm, ribbon

Why not pop on over to the Inkurable Stampers dedicated 2010 Flickr group and see some of the work that has already been created?

I'll be back in a while with the next arch that was revealed today.


Fiona
xx

1 comments:

fi's cards and crafts said...

Fiona...I have just stumbled across your blog...very nice. I had to comment on this though...this photo is so much like my grandmother when she was young...can't believe the likeness.

Fi