Sunday, September 5, 2010

2010 Gothic Arches #16 Birds

Here I am back with the second of three reveals for the Inkurable Stampers 2010 Gothic Arch challenge - full details from the start of the year can be found here.

Firstly I applied distress inks (lightest to darkest, top to bottom) on the arch. I then stamped the entire background in stormy sky with the flourish stamp. I used some Feathers yarn wrapped around cardboard pressed into chipped sapphire and stamped this across the lower third of the arch, then used a little of the Japanese paper over top for some texture. I covered the bottom roughly with tombow glue, and slid my arch into a stack of beads, and covered with dimensional magic when it had dried. I used the flourish in black as a space filler on the left and right, then smooshed the rock candy crackle paint in the centre.



The bird was stamped with versamark and embossed in black embossing powder on scrap cardstock, cut out, and adhered with glue dots around the top of his body to keep him off the arch slightly. The quote was also stamped and clear embossed on scrap in stormy sky and distress inked. Finally I used a black liner pen to frame the edges of the arch and quote where there was no image.

And here are the products I used:

Distress Inks – tumbled glass, broken china, stormy sky, faded jeans, chipped sapphire
Stamps – Paper Artsy Hot Pick 1005 (bird/flourish) Hot Pick 1004 (quote)
Cardstock
Versamark ink
Black archival ink
Black & clear embossing powder
Japanese paper
Rock Candy crackle paint
Tombow glue, beads, dimensional magic, Feathers yarn

The Flickr group showing all the so far completed arches can be seen here.

I'll be back later with the final of the reveals for this week.

Fiona
xx

1 comments:

Lori said...

Mmmm, mmm, good. Love the colors on this one, divine!