Sunday, September 5, 2010

2010 Gothic Arches #17 Metals/Metallics

I'm back for the last time today to show the final of three Gothic Arches I have been busy with this past week, for the Inkurable Stampers 2010 Gothic Arches challenge. We are finally caught up to date, and there will be a reveal of a new challenge next Sunday, and then following fortnightly after that until the beginning of December. It really isn't too late to join in, and you can find out all the nitty gritty details in the original post here.

This theme was metals/metallics and could include something metal, or even just some metal colours.

I was aiming for a French white/cream feel to this arch. I began with two arches in white. The base one was stamped in the French script repeatedly down the side in antique linen ink, and the edges distress inked in the same colour. The top layer was stamped and clear embossed using the scroll stamp, gold stamped and embossed chandelier, antique linen distress stamped the diamonds, a couple of antique linen flourishes (these are hard to see), and the words in antique linen across the bottom with the focus on ‘Paris’. The edges, mostly around the scroll stamp, were inked in antique linen after the embossing was complete, before the other stamps went on. This layer was adhered over top of the bottom one, first rolling the cardstock inward and attached with mini brads. The cardstock was rubbed with a small brayer (? – I purchased this tool years ago to give Paper Tole a try, and is used to coax the paper into a curved shape) which made the cardstock easier to roll.



I masked around the Eiffel Tower with sticky tape before inking my stamp with stazon, which I then removed to stamp my image onto the Ten Seconds Studio metal. The stamp didn’t come out really black (I think due to the time it took me to remove the sticky tape), which I was really pleased with, as I was concerned about the tower being too black on this arch. I used the metal tools to mark in some designs onto the Tower, and then lightly rubbed the surface back to reveal some shiny metal underneath the colour. Final touches were the jump rings, charm, and partial border.

and these are the products I used:

Tim Holtz Stamps – Urban grunge, French market
White cardstock
Antique Linen Distress Ink
Stazon Black Ink
Versacolor gold ink
Gold & clear embossing powder
Ten Seconds Studio Metals & tools
Jump rings, charm, mini brads, brown artist pen

It really isn't hard to do, and the size of the gothic arches is very flexible. Check out the Inkurable Stampers dedicated Flickr group for inspiration!!

Up for another challenge and the chance to win a great prize? Sarah at Inkurable Stampers will be revealing the new theme for her regular stamping challenge really soon!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Fiona
xx

2 comments:

Lori said...

Looks great, Fee, I love TSS metal, and it looks superb on this piece...

Be(e) said...

Hi Fiona, you truly have been a busy woman lately. Love your arches!! Congrats on your appearances on the IS blog!! (I'm so behind on them.)
Thanks for your well wishes and super sweet comment on my blog!! :)