Monday, September 20, 2010

Anyone got room for shoes?

Show your love of shoes over at Inkurable Stampers this month! The theme is shoes - make a shoe, create a LO featuring shoes - the ideas are endless! You can check out Sarah's shoe links here.


I have some inspiration for all of you! I have been willing summer on (if you are an overseas visitor, we are just starting spring in Australia) and have created this thong/flip flop/sandal to help you get in the mood for Sarah's challenge. You have until the end of September to enter, and she has great prizes, including a category just for overseas entries! What's stopping you? Strut your shoe style!


I have used craft foam and this template for my shoe, which measures just short of 4 1/2 inches in length. The stamps are from Heidi Grace 'Reagan's Closet' set, stamped in stazon black (it fades a little on the craft foam as it dries). It was coloured using plain old metallic gel pens.


Gently slice the openings for the ribbon, taking care not to tear the foam. I cut a shoe template from white cardstock which I adhered to the bottom of the craft foam just to hold it solid, and keep the ribbons in place. I topped it off with a handmade beaded flower on the front. I'm thinking this would make a great embellishment for a summer LO.

I'd really love to see you have a go at this challenge - it is so easy, and there are heaps of different ways you can interpret it :)

Fiona
xx

4 comments:

The Stamping Queen said...

Love your thong Fee! Well foot thong that is!!! Does it come in a size 6???
B
x

Vicky said...

Very cute, & perfect for Spring, if we ever get some sunshine... LOL

Karen said...

Cute flip flop! When I grew up, these were called thongs. There weren't other things called thongs, or at least not mentioned in everyday company. Now we have to call them flip flops. (Or plip plops as my 2 yr old used to say.)

In any case, this is the nicest flip flop/plip plop/thong I've seen!

Cynthia Schelzig,Cynnie said...

Ohhhh you did the flip flop...what a cool looking flop!!! thanks for coming by my blog...as now I found your blog...great art here!!