Monday, September 13, 2010

Simon Says STAMP-tember blog hop!

Today I have a holidays inspired ATC for you called "Is It Time". This is my entry into the Simon Says STAMP-tember blog hop which starts here and finishes here. Great prizes are up for grabs along the way!

I have used stamps from Tim Holtz - The Journey, and Christmas Miracle. I have white embossed the starts from the Christmas Miracle stamp on my base layer. On a piece of scrap Kaiser paper I have stamped the whole image in black archival ink. I tore a section out and slightly skewed this layer to reveal the white stars. The edges were inked in Tea Dye, Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo distress inks, and the Santa was stamped on scrap and mounted on top of the base layer with glue dots for dimension.



I also stamped the calendar on scrap and punched out the '25' with a small circle punch, which I then layered on brown cardstock and cut out and re mounted over the base calendar - then added some dimensional magic to make it pop.



The clock and hands and the words were from 'the journey' stamps - I just cut out the words I wanted and dragged the edges across the rusty hinge ink pad. I made sure the o'clock hand was pointing toward the '25' on the calendar. A black kaiser rhinestone was holding my clock hands in place.

Thanks for stopping by!

Fiona
xx

11 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, man, this is GORGEOUS! Just love the star peeking out from behind the torn paper, and I LOVE the total vintage feel! Great work! Thanks for joining the SSS holiday hop!

Nancy said...

VERY pretty, Fiona!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, on the SSSS blog hop!

redmom said...

Gorgeous card!! Lots of beautiful little details you've added!!

redmom said...

Gorgeous card!! Lots of beautiful little details you've added!!

LynneForsythe said...

WOWZEROOONIE....love this!! Gorgeous Card!!

thanks bunches for playing along with ALL the Design Teamies and Simon Says STamp!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

How cool! I love the vintage photo look to this and the clock/calendar combo!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

kim-paperbabe said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous Fiona I love the vintage finish and all the details are stunning!!!
The Design Team & I are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp ~ Stamptember Hop
Thank you!
HuGs Kim :)

Terry said...

Hiya Fiona, thank you for joining us at the Stamp Tember Blog Hop from Simon Says Stamp, love your creation it looks absolutely stunning, love the vintage look. My fellow DT teamies and I are very happy that you have joined us. Hugs Terry xxxx

PlumTuckered's Paper Plays said...

WOW!! That is one gorgeous piece of work!

Michelle

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Absolutely fantastic. I just love all the stamps you have used and what a gorgeous vintage feel.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week and for joining in our Blog Hop !

Hugs,

Jo x

shirley said...

Gorgeous! Love all the vintage details.