Thursday, October 21, 2010

2010 Gothic Arches #12 - Fabric

The theme I worked on this time was the 'fabric' challenge, so I decided I'd try mixed media again. Don't forget to check out all the original details of the 2010 Inkurable Stampers Gothic Arch Challenge here. There is plenty of time to join in for one or two, or even the whole lot! You can find the dedicated Flickr group here.

And on to my arch....

The background was coloured with Derwent Inktense pencils (these are new and I love them!), and used Stampotique 'honeycomb background' with wild honey DI around the edges. I handstitched a few circles in #8 cotton thread, then smooched over some texture paste which I painted with acrylics.


Once this was all dry, I used Tim Holtz flower die to cut flowers out of old book paper, and used brushed corduroy DI to colour the petals. I cut some muslin, over which I dragged the wild honey and vintage photo DI, then rolled and gathered it to form a flower centre which I stitched together and trimmed down on the back so it could be adhered to my flower. A little vintage photo distress stickles underneath the edges of the flower centre, and some net ribbon finished the flower.

The bee stamp is from Queen's Dresser Drawers, stamped in vintage photo on cream cardstock, and lightly inked in brushed corduroy.

Thanks for stopping by, I should have a card to show you early next week, and another gothic arch before then.

Fiona
xx

4 comments:

shirley henry said...

WOW! Really love everything about this arch.
I might have to order that bee stamp!

Be(e) said...

Gorgeous arch, Fiona!! I love the colors! And what a stunning flower!!

Ellie Knol said...

Beautiful! I especially love the flower....

Anonymous said...

Hi
I browsed this page unexpectedly because i was trying to find internet solutions to create quizz page for
my readers who are lookings for online lfrench courses...thanks for that post, i saved your site address and i will visit it it later
Regards