Sunday, October 24, 2010

2010 Gothic Arches #21 - Spooky

The theme for this fortnights Inkurable Stampers 2010 Gothic Arch challenge is "Spooky". I'm sure there will be some interesting interpretations of this one! If you want to see what this challenge is all about you can visit the original Inkurable Stampers post here. If you are after some stamping inspiration, why not check out the dedicated gothic arch Flickr group here.


First I coloured my white cardstock in dusty concord, and used a cotton bud pushed in to black soot DI to draw a ‘rough’ fence. Next I stamped the pumpkin totem stamp (Cherry Pie) onto different scraps of orange cardstock, cut them out, and covered with dimensional magic. While that was drying, I used black metallic DMC thread to make a spiders web, and black stranded DMC thread to make the spider body (he was made using ‘Turkey Stitch’). I used black kindy glitz to drag inky dripping mess around the top of the arch.


I stamped the Newt stamp (Stampotique) onto white cardstock and coloured her with black soot and spiced marmalade. I made an extra stamp of her skirt to colour. To attach it without covering her hand, I simply and carefully trimmed her hand out of the base stamped image, attached the coloured skirt in place, and then attached the base hand/handbag back in place over top of the coloured skirt. Also added an extra heart to her hair for decoration. Sewed the spider body in place, added some legs, attached the pumpkins (some with glue dots for dimension) and the girl.

I hope you have some fun with this theme!

Fiona
xx