Thursday, October 7, 2010

2010 Gothic Arches #3 - Crowns

Here is a Gothic Arch from earlier in the year that I am catching up on for Inkurable Stampers 2010 Gothic Arch challenge - see? It's really not too late to join in - try one, or 2, or a few! The original details can be seen here.

So I noticed this theme was right around Valentine's Day, so I wanted to theme my arch around love, hearts, red.... you get the idea.


I began with white cardstock, and inked just over half the edge with fired brick DI, repeat stamped a Paper Artsy script (HP#1007) in black archival over the red, and cut a part arch out of scrap Kaiser paper which I attached on the left. The red heart is a stamp from Prima, which was stamped in Black archival, coloured with fired brick DI and crackled with Rock Candy crackle paint.

The girl is from Cats Life Press ATC stamp, the crown is gold embossed from Tim Holtz urban grunge. Finished the arch with a rubon on from Imaginisce 'baroque', alphas from Sam & Lucy, Kaiser rhinestones and pearls, a bit of stitching and a fine black outline.

Check out the dedicated Flickr group here for more Gothic Arch inspiration!

Fiona
xx

1 comments:

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

Fiona, I absolutely love your work! And I also love the cute little shrug that you made for your Daughter..... very cute! You are so very talented!

HUGS!

Nicole :)