Monday, October 25, 2010

Inkurable Stampers October Challenge - sketch me happy!

I made this card to inspire you all to have a go at Sarah's monthly stamping challenge at Inkurable Stampers. The theme for this month is a sketch challenge PLUS you need to use 3 stamps, and the details are here. Are you an overseas visitor? No problem! Sarah has 3 different prize categories - one especially for overseas entries. The prizes for October can be found here. What are you waiting for? There is plenty of time for you to get an entry in!!

My 4 panels began life as a single square, which was repeatedly stamped with a flower from kaisercraft. I coloured around the flowers using a Derwent Inktense pencil. I then cut it into 4 even squares and mounted on black cardstock. The panel on the left was black cardstock with Hero Arts 'friends definition' stamp embossed in white. My third stamp was 'Moth Fab' by Stampotique. This image came from a stamped image swap with fellow Inkurable Stamper Shirley a few months ago. I coloured it with the same Derwent Inktense pencil, trimmed and mounted it on top of my finished card.

The lace was Martha Stewart Scallop Dot punch on white cardstock, some dimensional magic on the moth fab girl and the flowers, rhinestones for flower centres, and Darkroom Door greeting finished my card.

Phew! That's two posts in one day - I better have a short break - LOL!

Fiona
xx

2 comments:

Ellie Knol said...

I love your interpretation of the challenge. I am still busy with it;it's very difficult for me to work in blocks LOL.

laury55 said...

fantastic card Fiona, love your stamps and the color combo