Sunday, November 21, 2010

2010 Gothic Arches #23 - Zodiac/Star Signs

Hi everyone - I am back today with the 2nd last instalment of the Inkurable Stampers Gothic Arch Challenge (sssh! don't tell anyone I've still got 4 or 5 of the earlier ones to complete!!).

OK - so, it's not too late to start the Gothic Arch challenge - I'm sure you all have plenty of time to knock off 24 arches by the end of December!! Maybe you are behind and just need to catch up? That's ok - so do I! The original post can be found at Inkurable Stampers blog here, or you can check out the dedicated Flickr group here.

This fortnights theme was Signs of the Zodiac/Star Signs - I actually found this theme really difficult, as I don't pay much attention to the zodiac, so turned my focus to the stories in the stars, and chose to focus on taurus the bull, and Orion the mighty hunter.



Products Used:

Stamps – Cherry Pie ‘diamond eye’, Crafty Secrets ‘fairy’ (for the stars), DD Alphabet Medley
Distress Inks – old paper, frayed burlap, vintage photo & embossing ink
Other – black embossing powder, glue dots, small staples, brown artist pen, dark blue cardstock and white scrap

Method:

I found this theme quite difficult. The old star map was found on the internet, I’m not sure where it came from, which I have printed out, trimmed, scrunched up, and inked with distress inks (lightly). You can see Taurus the rushing bull, and Orion the mighty Hunter holding the skin of the dead lion.

The arch was dark blue cardstock, which I stamped with stars and black embossed, then inked the edges in black soot as well. The map was attached over top and stapled. The eye was stamped and black embossed on white cardstock, but mounted on dark blue and the edges trimmed in black soot, before attaching with glue dots. The DD letters were stamped in black soot on white scrap, trimmed out and edged in frayed burlap. The ‘gazer’ letters were also mounted on dark blue cardstock before being attached to the arch.

Fiona
xx

1 comments:

Jenxo said...

i think you did really weel, i had to do 3 for anotehr swap and i found it very diffcult :(
i dont know why but anyhow i have quite a few to catch up on...