Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A jumper for summer?

Thought I would share with you a jumper I just finished sewing up on the weekend. I know it is nearly summer here in Australia, but I had started this project just near the end of winter and was determined to finish it before Christmas!



I have used a beautiful soft merino yarn DK weight from Sublime in a colour called Pesto. This is a Jo Sharp pattern called Laurel Hill, and I've knit the cowl neck version.



Bring on winter so it can get some use!

Fiona
xx

6 comments:

Lesley said...

wow Fiona, that is gorgeous.
It is almost winter here so if you need someone to break it in I would be glad to. LOL
You do lovely work friend.
Enjoy

Mim said...

This is just beautiful, Fiona. Hope that we have a real cold snap very soon so it gets a good workout. Congrats on finishing it before Christmas too!

Rossylalah said...

I love it Fiona, it maybe winter clothing but at least it's green and fits in for christmas! Enjoying all your art work also. I've been a little quite here but hope to remedy that soon!

Karen said...

The sweater is gorgeous! You are a fabulous knitter. Clearly your creative flair extends to wool! I have tried, and I enjoy it, but my tension is uneven (though it rises as I knit - lol) and I tend to get random button holes here and there by accident.

jenny said...

Your jumper is gorgeous Fiona... how clever are you... don't know if you are having the cold and wet snap that we are in Victoria... today is so cold and windy... perfect jumper day really :)))

Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona , Your jumper looks just lovely , glad you got your skills from your Nan, and not from your Mother , you are a real gem , and you do lovely work .
Love MUM xx