Monday, November 15, 2010

The Play Date Cafe - PDCC55

I found the colour challenge at The Play Date Cafe quite daunting this week. This is not a colour combination I would normally use ;) So, to be safe, I thought I would try this colour scheme on an ATC....



I started with scraps of blue paper, which I trimmed to ATC size, clear embossed my stamp and used chipped sapphire DI to colour it darker (resist). I distressed the edges and adhered it to a dark red ATC size cardstock. The tree was clear embossed on the same paper, and coloured with the same ink and trimmed - mounted on the dark red CS and trimmed again. A few red beads and red star brad and it was good to go.


The flowers were die cut using Tim Holtz tattered floral die, and the centre was made by clear embossing a circle shape stamp onto pink scrap CS and inked over in fired brick DI, then mounted on blue, then attached to the flower with 3D tape. I made a stick pin to mount through the 3D tape. The word is from Darkroom Door Yuletide Vol 1 stamps, inked and edged in black before attaching to the ATC. The other stamps were from Stamp Itd "Season's Greetings"

Thanks for stopping by!

Don't forget I have two mystery matchbox giveaways closing this Sunday. Details can be found here and here.

Fiona
xx

12 comments:

Be(e) said...

Love your ATC, Fiona!!! Not your typical color palette indeed, but stunning!!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful ATC! Love the tree with the gem accents and the flower is darling. Glad you joined us at the PDCC.

Linda Robinson said...

This is so beautiful.. Your colors are perfect.. Well done..

Faye said...

An amazing ATC, Fiona. You have made a difficult color combination look perfectly gorgeous.

Smitha said...

amazingly beautifluy card!! Love the way you used the colors!! This was a difficult color challenge for me too :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Terry said...

This is so cool!! What a fun way to display those colors! Love this!

donna said...

I love how you used the colors. So cheery and fun. Your flower is super.

Susan Allan said...

Fantastic ATC....it works so well with the colour scheme!
sue xx

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful job mixing in this weeks colors with your lovlely holiday ATC. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous! Wonderful embossing and super shabby chic design! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Sarah Anderson said...

I love your colour combo choice on both your embossed tree, and embossed circle - fab. Great ATC. Thanks for playing with us in the Play Date Cafe :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fun embossed tree--love that it is blue! CLEVER! Great ATC:) Thanks for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:)