Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Play Date Cafe - PDCC57

And the colour challenge at PDCC this week is..... brown, grey and silver!


Another unusual colour combo for me - more because I didn't realise how low on anything grey existed in my stash! So that is where I started - find and utilise the grey first, and hopefully the rest would follow...

I found some old sei paper which was in the same grey tonings of Tim Holtz pumice stone distress ink. So that became my grey. The brown came from a scrap of bo bunny paper and some brown cardstock. The silver was some very very very old silver lurex thread I have been carting around for some 25+ years. (see? you should never throw anything out!!)


**This card made the Fab 4 at PDCC!**
I started with a size 8 white tag which I folded in half and trimmed the corners to make all four corners the same. I also punched through the hole to the back side of the tag for attaching to a gift. I stamped Darkroom Door Christmas dictionary stamp (from the Noel set) in pumice stone and inked the edges.

I tore some of the brown paper and cardstock and wrapped the lurex thread around it before attaching to the tag. The flower is die cut from Tim Holtz tattered floral die on the sei grey paper, stamped with the same Darkroom Door stamp in pumice stone and edged in the same colour also. I didn't want my tag to just open normally, so I scored a small section which I then stuck together to make it more like a book opening. The wordstrip is from Darkroom Door Yuletide Vol 1.

Thanks for visiting :)

Fiona
xx

12 comments:

Lesley said...

Oh Fee this is gorgeous. What a beautiful colour combo. Love that flower. I have made a few of those but not with a die cut, all cut by hand.
This is top notch girl.

Michelle said...

I love your take on this challenge, Fiona! The papers you used are fantastic! Love that flower! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a wonderful comment on my blog!

mustavcoffee said...

Fabulous, love your take on these colours:0) xx

Be(e) said...

What a fabulous card, Fiona!! Love the tag shape and the way you used the challenge colors!!

Tracey said...

GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the flower so much and your design rocks too :)

Karen said...

Beautiful! You've outdone yourself on this one. The muted colour scheme really lets the textures shine on this one, and I love the use of text, both the tiny printed text, and the larger calligraphy. This is a stunner!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wonderfully chic, Fiona! I simply adore that gorgeous flower and the super printed background paper. An elegant, lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GORGEOUS--inside and out! LOVE your distressing and the stamping and that FLOWER! BEAUTIFULLY done:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!!

Sarah Anderson said...

I just love this, a fab idea gorgeously executed! Thanks so much for playing at the play date cafe this week :)

Laura said...

Congrats as well! I love your blog. Have become a follower. The jumper is great. Love the cuffs. This is my favourite knit stitch. I call it moss stitch but it is also known as seed stitch. A pain to do, like rib, but the effect is lush. It looks beautifully knitted. I used to design sweaters for a living.

Ruby said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card. That flower is absolutely stunning! Sorry, I'm a bit late in getting around to comment on everyone's blogs, but thanks for playing along with us last week at the PDCC!

Godelieve said...

So beautiful Fiona!