Wednesday, December 1, 2010

2010 Gothic Arches #2 - Lace

I have a few catch up arches to show you this week for the Inkurable Stampers Gothic Arch Challenge of 2010. You can see the gallery of arches so far completed by everyone here.


This was from way back at arch #2 - Lace. I have been dreading doing this one, as I just couldn't think of something to focus on..... so with all the recent foray into shabby chic, I thought I would shabby chic this arch.


The papers are scraps of Bella Bella, Kaiser and a few other unidentifiable scraps. Distress Ink the base (antique linen, frayed purlap, vintage photo) and add strips of patterned paper, torn and inked, with a strip of lace. On some spare cardstock I stamped an image from DD Tour Eiffel set, an image from Paper Arsy HP1006, and the stamp from Tim Holtz French Market set to make a couple letter/envelopes. Also stuck in a stamped phrase from the same DD set. They were distressed, and inked to age them.

I wrapped some lace around the bundle and adhered it to the arch, after attaching the flowers and button. Once it was all in place, I added some stick pins I made, a key charm and the bird (which is a Tuscan Rose stamp).

I will be back later in the week with another arch

Fiona
xx

4 comments:

Jenxo said...

wasnt so hard was it? ;)

it looks beautiful Fiona.... i love that bird stamp...
I have so many to catch up on i need to get off this computer !

jenny said...

Oh your card is just gorgeous Fiona... love all the shabby chicness...

Jenny x

Lesley said...

Oh Fee this is so full of shabbiness. You did a great job my friend. Love that bird too.

Julie Ranae said...

This is just beautiful and love how you continued the same color scheme from The Play Date Cafe Challenge...glad to be your newest follower. Would love for you to stop by The Open Window and peek inside!