Sunday, December 5, 2010

2010 Gothic Arches #24 - Music

Hi everyone.... :)

Now I know I said I'd be back with my steampunk arch, but the time has raced around already to the final Sunday in Sarah's Inkurable Stampers 2010 Gothic Arch Challenge. And the theme reveal for the last arch is music!

I started with cutting my arch out of white cardstock, stamping the music score in aged mahogany, and inking the edges in Victorian Velvet and Aged Mahogany. Then I added the little black rubon to the very top. The Victorian Angels stamp was stamped several times in black archival ink, and cut out in many different sections in ‘paper tole’ fashion. The sections were coloured with Victorian Velvet and Aged Mahogany and mounted up using glue dots for dimension.



The frame part of the stamp was trimmed out, inked in Aged Mahogany and Black Soot, edge distressed with my fingernail (the distresser was too much for the flimsy frame, and I had greater control with my nail). I dragged across the gold ink just to give it a more antique feel. I trimmed the frame where it fell off the arch on all corners except one, then attached my centre paper tole section back inside it’s frame. A little kindy glitz to the wings and fine black outline to the arch to finish.

Products Used:

Stamps – Stampers Anonymous ‘sheet music’, Magenta ‘Victorian Angels collage music’
Distress Ink – Victorian Velvet, Aged Mahogany, Black Soot
Black archival ink and versacolor gold ink
Other – glue dots, Imaginisce ‘go for baroque’ rubon, kindyglitz crystalline and black artline pen, white cardstock

If you are interested in seeing some of the arches that have been created for this challenge, pop on over to the flickr group here. And I will be back in a day or so with my steampunk arch.

Fiona
xx

3 comments:

jenny said...

This is stunning Fiona... so very gorgeous...

Jenny x

Nigel said...

Stunning!

Mim said...

Love all those layers Fiona. Beautiful colours and colouring too!