Sunday, December 12, 2010

2010 Gothic Arches #6 - Men

Here is my arch for the theme 'men' . This is one of my catch up arches for Inkurable Stampers 2010 Gothic Arch challenge.


I started this arch by inking white cardstock in broken china and shabby shutters DI. Then I stamped Stampotique 'honeycomb background' in broken china. Inked the edges a bit more using pine needles and chipped sapphire DI.


I stamped images from Tim Holtz 'the journey' in archival black, and coloured them with shabby shutters, broken china and pine needles. The were highlighted with white/grey pencil. Attach the circles and add some stitching. The man is from Queen's Dresser Drawers (Mr Handsome), and was stamped in black archival on white, trimmed, and adhered to arch, then stitched around. The phrase comes from the same stamp, which was trimmed, attached, covered in dimensional magic, and framed using pencil.

I only have one more to show, so come back in a couple of days!

Fiona
xx

4 comments:

Godelieve said...

Fantastic arch! Love those circles and the stitching, great!!
Very nice colors and stamping too, just perfect!

Rossylalah said...

Love all the Gothic Arches for Inkurable Fiona! I think I'll have to get into this challenge next year! It looks like fun.

Mim said...

It's always amazing to me that you start with white cardstock and get such intense colour at the end. Beautiful! Once again, full of technique. Inspirational!

Karen said...

Fantastic collage! Great balance, colour accents, everything!