Thursday, December 9, 2010

2010 Gothic Arches #7 Women

Today I am back with one of the last three gothic arches I was behind in - women. It's quite arty, and I am really happy with how it turned out.


I began by colouring the background with Derwent Inktense pencils. Stamped the face (Cherry Pie) in archival black. I masked it off with a scrap of paper, before stamping the arch with Hero Arts friends definition in Rusty Hinge DI. Add some random stamps (Basic Gray flourish in Aged Mahogany, Tim Holtz music in archival black, 7gypsies steampunk butterfly in vintage photo, wild honey and fired brick, and DD artist spats in colorbox white).


I coloured some white scrap cardstock with the Inktense pencils, and stamped the heart from Tim Holtz Love Struck in aged mahogany and trimmed it out. Also stamped the word 'dream' from the DD artist set in a little left over coloured cardstock and distressed the edges. The heart and word were attached, and DMC #4130 thread was used to add some stitching/wrapping detail. I also used Derwent Coloursoft pencils to add highlights to the butterflies and the heart.

I'll be back with the 'men' arch in a few days. You can check out the original posting at Inkurable Stampers 2010 Gothic Arch challenge here, or the Flickr gallery of completed arches here.

Fiona
xx

1 comments:

Be(e) said...

Beautiful work, Fiona!!! Love the colors and the artsy look!