Tuesday, December 14, 2010

2010 Gothic Arches #8 - Children

Here is my final arch in the 2010 Gothic Arches challenge at Inkurable Stampers. You can see all the wonderful arches that have been created at the dedicated flickr group here.


I started with black cardstock for this arch. The school book lines are from a Cats Life Press atc label stamp and were stamped in colorbox frost white ink. Then I added the Kaiser sublime dotty paper. Punch some 1/2" circles in white, rough up the edges, colour half in aged mahogany and half in faded jeans.


The alphas and numbers are DD alphabet medley stamps stamped in archival black. The girl (she is from the same Cats Life Press atc label stamp) was stamped in archival black also and trimmed. Write the phrase on scrap cardstock, trim and adhere to arch. I added stitching detail in black, blue and burgundy. Attach the letters, numbers and the girl, then I added the ric rac trim and sewed it on with burgundy thread.

The gothic arches have been an epic journey for me this year, and I have tried new things - some which I really enjoyed, and others which I did not enjoy so much ;) Thanks to all of you for checking out my arches on a regular basis, and thanks especialy to Sarah for the opportunity to be her sample designer for the second half of the series.

Fiona
xx

3 comments:

Mim said...

Woo Hoo, Fiona! Well done for finishing the collection. Bet they look fabulous. Once again, the detail in this arch is fantastic - love the two colours blended so effortlessly with the black and white.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Oh, Fiona! This is super cute--love those letters and numbers stapled in! I also love that stitching and how you did your rik rak! LOVE LOVE LOVE it:) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!! Makes me smile:) You rock:)

Karen said...

A big thanks to you! Your arches have been so inspiring and your kind comments in the gallery always made my day. It really was a great series of challenges, wasn't it. I found they really stretched my creativity, and like you, I liked some of them more than others, but the process itself was a lot of fun.