Thursday, December 2, 2010

2010 Gothic Arches #9 Asia

Back again with another catch up arch for Inkurable Stampers 2010 Gothic Arch challenge - another theme that was scaring me - I find 'Asian' themes quite tricky to get my head around. I couldn't decide whether to go with intricate Asian, or neat and clean and simple. In the end it was a lack of Asian-influenced items that led to my decision to go clean and simple.




I have used white cardstock which was coloured heavily with barn door distress ink and a blending tool. Using the same ink I stamped some Jasmine flowers from Maya Road's Journey East Jasmine stamp set on this layer. To know where to position the stamp, I had cut another arch in plastic (yep, recycling again - more stamp packaging) and stamped some other Jasmine flowers in Black Stazon. I stamped a couple more on scrap cardstock, trimmed and adhered, one on the base layer, and two on top of the plastic layer.

I kept the layers slightly separate using well-placed glue dots. The name of the stamp set from Maya Road (Journey East) was my inspiration, so it became my text. The word 'journey' is from Tim Holtz The Journey stamp set, and the word 'east' was a portion of the Easter stamp from Darkroom Door All Occasions set. Some rhinestones set off my flowers.

I'm hoping the next project I will be showing will be my take on the steampunk arch ;)

Thanks for visiting :)

Fiona
xx

2 comments:

Be(e) said...

Looks great, Fiona!! Looking forward to your Steampunk arch!

Jenxo said...

lovely Asian Arch Fiona,great colors...