Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Play Date Cafe - PDCC60

It's time for a splash of colour at The Play Date Cafe! This week the challenge was to use yellow with your black/white combo. Sometimes yellow can be a tricky colour to work with... I made a very non-traditional Christmas card...


I have made a recessed window card using black and white cardstock. The star is from Darkroom Door Yuletide set, is stamped in mustard seed DI, clear embossed and trimmed out. It is mounted on 3D tape in the recessed window.


Before I attached the white layer of cardstock, I stitched the inner border framing the star with yellow cotton, and I used an old brass stencil to dry emboss the little spots all over it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Fiona
xx

7 comments:

Be(e) said...

Simply fabulous!!

Michele Gross said...

Fabulous! Very very cool :)

Nigel said...

Beautiful card, and so well stitched. I'm not envious at all ;)

Sue Lelli said...

FABULOUS card! LOVE the star!

Julie Ranae said...

Really terrific card and a great 'splash' of yellow! Really love this design :)

Ruby said...

This is lovely! I love all the stitching, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fiona, I like the simplicity of this card. It has a spiritualness about it, because it reminds me of the North Star over Bethlehem. Very beautiful.