Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Etsy Inspired Challenge #123 - Nanny's Room

The Etsy Inspired Challenge team this week is focussing in on the Etsy shop Nanny's Room.  You can see here some awesome artwork, and what great deep colour can be achieved using watercolour and pencil :)

I was inspired by the beautiful watercolours in this pendant, and also the trees that feature on it.


I have created an ATC, which I first coloured with Distress Inks using the blender tool.  I then dragged the edges in embossing ink and embossed in black.  I wrapped some white unrushyi paper to soften the background.  Using the same Distress Inks and the wrinkle free distress technique, I created a smaller panel which I mounted on black cardstock, to which I attached a black tree which I made out of wire.  Up the top is a quote from Tim Holtz which I chopped up into little pieces.

* Edited to add: "This was chosen as the winner of the EIC 123 challenge!"

Thanks for stopping by :)

Fiona
xx

15 comments:

Jenxo said...

oh its beautiful Fiona, i love the wire tree too...

de said...

OH WOW. This ATC is gorgeous! A piece of art! I love it! And love the sentiment too.

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

FibreJunky said...

Oh wow!! This is stunning!! I'm a huge fan of ATCs, and this one is so far above some of the "throw a sticker on some cardstock" dreck I've seen that I am at a loss for words. What a beautiful mixture of technique and creativity...I love it!!

Tracey said...

OMGOODNESS!!!!!! I just picked up my jaw off the keyboard!! That is an ATC!?!?!!!! WOW oh WOW Fee this is one incredible piece of art work!!! LOVE everything about it!!! Great idea to emboss the edges...ya know I am going to give that a go LOL!!!

Lynn said...

That is a beautiful ATC - a true 'artist' card

Angi @ CokiePop said...

What a gorgeous piece of art. You did a fantastic job on this. So glad to see you playing with us this week at Etsy Inspired. :)

Jackie said...

What a beautiful piece of art you made! I love it....thanks for playing with EIC this week!!!

Nanny's Room said...

This is just OVER THE TOP! You made a wonderful piece of art with this ATC! Fabulous artwork~

Rebecca said...

This is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! Beautiful :-) it is just wonderful!

de said...

Fee your amazing ATC won! Check out the blog for details! WOOT!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fee this is beautiful! And congrats on your win at EIC, dear!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is gorgeous, Fee! I love all your gorgeous layers and the depth you've created! I, really, need to try that Etsy Inpsired Challenge sometime!

Libby Hickson said...

Fee your ATC is AMAZING - I love it SO MUCH!! WOW!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous! I'm not surprised it was the winner.

Ruby said...

This is beautiful Fee, I knew it was a winner!!