Saturday, January 29, 2011

Inkurable Stampers January Challenge - Golden Birthday

Feels like ages since I've taken part in one of the monthly stamping challenges over at Inkurable Stampers!  Sarah is the illustrious leader and owner of the blog challenge, and she is celebrating her golden birthday this month.  Now I had never heard of this before, but my American friends tell me it is celebrated over there all the time :)  So... happy golden birthday Sarah!

Sarah's challenge for January, other than using at least one stamp on your creation, was to include something gold and gear your creation towards something birthday related.

Here is my ATC 'Party Queen' with her gold crown.


I went for an arty background, layering Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, with acrylic paints in rose garden, black and pearl white and mixing in a little texture paste (though I didn't leave it very raised).  The stamps are a real mix up - Stampotique provided the goth girl in the form of a head from 'Newt' and the body is from 'Moth Fab', Darkroom Door provided the lamps from Paris Collection, the letters for 'queen' from Essentials 3, Hero Arts 'friends definition' provided the very tiny word 'party', and the crown from Tim Holtz 'French Market'.

The girl was coloured using a cotton bud and Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, and the crown is Gold perfect pearls.  Some black artlining and white gel pen and a little sewing machine stitching completes my ATC.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Fiona
xx 

8 comments:

Jenxo said...

i love this Fiona, lovethe white doodling as well as the hanging lamps...

shirley henry said...

Love the mix of stamps used here Fee!
Very clever!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so crafty, Fiona! The hanging lanterns are amazing. I love your creativity!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a great image--love your inking and painting. SO CLEVER! And I love that this is a ATC--looks fab with all the details!!

laury55 said...

wow love your card Fiona...just fantastic

Rossylalah said...

Clever mix of stamps, ink and paint Fiona! The background sounds interesting, something I should try I think!

Sarah Anderson said...

Fab, fab ATC Fee, love the golden crown. We know about golden birthdays in our family but none of my friends do!!!

Libby Hickson said...

This is completely wonderful, Fee! What a FUN ATC!!