Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lets Get Shabby Challenge # 19

Well I've only just sneaked this entry in for the Lets Get Shabby Blog challenge.  The theme was architecture, and you needed to be inspired by this picture ....


I have drawn 3 elements for inspiration - firstly the arch shape of my card, secondly the little knobby bits on the top of the building (represented by my pointy lace) and also the colours.

EDITED TO ADD:  "This received an honourable mention"

I have used Basic Grey Cappella papers for the background, the damask stamp is from Kaiser 'Dear Santa' stamps, some ribbon, lace and trim sewn on finishes the background.  The raised arch border is cream cardstock coloured up with a mixture of Distress Inks.  I stitched it on the machine before attaching to the card with 3D tape.


 I used some fabric scraps in blue to die cut Tim Holtz tattered florals, coloured some seam binding with Distress Inks and added the button.  I added some kaiser rhinestones to highlight the flourish stamp.

Thanks for stopping by!

Fiona
xx

15 comments:

mandysea said...

Wow Fiona!! This is such a stunning card! I love your inspiration explanation! Gorgeous shape, love the seam binding and the trims!!
Thanks so much for playing along with Shabby!

Jinny Newlin said...

Fiona! This is gorgeous! There's so many fantastic elements to look at, I keep seeing more! Wow!

Julie said...

What an awesome card Fiona. Just love your take on the inspiration. Thanks for playing with us at shabby.

Pastila said...

Wonderful card and great idea! Thanks for playing with us at Shabby.

Jenxo said...

beautiful card fiona, i was looking at the image, thinking what would i do it and was stumped:) your card has so many neat elements to it...

Angela said...

What a beautiful card! I love what you did with the inspiration photo. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Gayle...... that,s me said...

I LOVE YOUR CARD .....very elegant and beautifully designed. Thanks for playing along at LGS.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Gorgeous details. Love it. :)

Tracey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this Fee!! The colours are so rich and warm :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Just beautiful, FEE! LOOOOOOVE it! Love all the items that you drew from! LOVE IT:) You rock!

Vibeke said...

WOW!! I lvove it!! Just beautiful!!:)

Thanks for playing with us at Shabby:)

yumiko said...

Hi,Fiona!!
I love your card, especially the damask stamp and blue fabric flower under the ribbon!!
Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

(sigh) This is so beautiful, as is the inspiration pic. I have not heard of that challenge; I'll have to pop over there. In the meantime, LOVE what you did with your piece!

Ruby said...

Beautiful Fee! I can see you're going to get me into shabby chic more!

Jan said...

So well deserved and your card is beautiful!