Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #65

How exciting was the first week of the new design team over at the Play Date Cafe last week?  We had so many wonderful entries - and we hope you will all play again this week :)

Sarah Anderson is hosting the colour challenge this week with this fun image from artist Quentin Blake....


And this week I thought I'd step out and make a LO - my first one for this year, and something I haven't done for a while :)


The background paper has been stamped in Peeled Paint DI using Tim Holtz Love Struck and Odds & Ends stamps.  The edges of all my papers were distressed either with a distressing tool, DI or a combination of both.  Both machine and hand stitching feature on this LO.


I made the flowers using some gorgeous jute I bought while on holidays at Christmas, and I'm really happy with how they turned out :)


For the trims, I used some fabric which I gathered VERY roughly, wet and scrunched up some grey paper, and added a little green trim underneath.

Thanks so much for calling by my blog - why not pop over to the Play Date Cafe for more inspiration or information on how to join the challenge, or pop on over to one of the other design team members blogs....


And I nearly forgot to mention, that this week we are being sponsored by the fantastic Cosmo Cricket!


And up for grabs is this fantastic Mini Deck of 6 x 6 papers from the Joy Ride collection :)  So what are you waiting for?  Go craft up a storm!!


Fiona
xx

Products Used: SEI Alpine Frost ppr; Bo Bunny ppr; Scenic Route ppr; Kaiser After Five ppr; Distress Inks - peeled paint, wild honey, pumice stone; White Bazzill CS; Stamps - Tim Holtz Love Struck and Odds & Ends; BG archaic alphas; Heidi Grace chipboard letters; sewing machine and thread: DMC thread #646 and #648; fabric and trims; jute

21 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Such a wonderful LO! The colors were perfect for you photo :) Really loving your jute flowers-they turned out awesome!!

Sarah Anderson said...

Love those flowers Fee! And the ruffled ribbon :) Makes for a great layout :)

Tracey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this LO Fee!! Oh my goodness those textures and stitching are amazing and really make this LO outstanding!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I just all your embellishments and trims! Soooo pretty! i want to reach out and touch it! Your first LO of the year is fantastic! Keep it up!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fee, I think you and your hubby are a lovely, handsome couple! So glad to see you! I love how you tied in the challenge colors with those gathered ribbons; what a good idea.

Ruby said...

Gorgeous layout, and I just LoVe your little flowers, they are great!! Your picture is lovely too, you both look really happy :)

peggy gatto said...

Love seeing this!!!
thanks for coming by and to answer your question, it is a 5"x5" collage.

lotte chew said...

love the flowers!!! beautiful layout!!

Benzi said...

What a wonderful layout. Love your jute flowers..awesome color. Your trim is just divine. Wouldn't I love to be by the seaside right now instead of in snow? You betcha!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Love all the beautiful touches that you've added to your layout, Fee...a wonderful picture, a wonderful memory and a wonderful keepsake!

Sarah A said...

Love your layout, the ribbon adds a really interesting texture and those flowers are fab n' funky!

Sarah x

Sarah A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah A said...

Sorry about all the deleted comments, either I or Mr Blogger had a funny turn!!! (I'm inclined to blame Mr Blogger lol)

Sarah x

Pauline said...

Love your layout, a wonderful job with the colours! Love love those jute flowers, how did you make them. Xx

Ann said...

Fabulous LO! Love how you used this week's colors!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is just FABBBY! I looooooooooove this LO--I'm inspired to try a LO...maybe soon:) LOVE that ruffled fabric and grey paper! Fab job, Fee!

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful scrapbook page, love how it looks! Gorgeous jute flowers.

Monique said...

What a fabulous LO..I Love those flowers and what a wonderful picture :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

You made those flowers? No way, I thought they were store bought. Awesome! Your LO is so fantastic.