Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Play Date Cafe - PDCC63

What a wow of a colour challenge this week at The Play Date Cafe!  Grass green, silver and gold :)  Sarah Anderson has used this beautiful water photo as her inspiration for the colours....


Why not pop on over and check out the inspiration from the Design Team?  While you're going, why not sit down with a cuppa, spend a little time crafting up a storm and join in on the challenge?

I have made a 4" x 4" card, with cardstock, Scenic Route paper and some scrap of handmade paper I've had for years.  I wouldn't normally feature this green so heavily on a card, but I really wanted to challenge myself not to shy away from the green.


I took a small piece of black cardstock and stamped a Darkroom Door 'Art De Fleur Vol 2' stamp which was covered with Ranger Perfect Pearls in Perfect Gold.  I distressed the edges before attaching to the green Scenic Route patterned paper.  I cut a piece of plastic from the packaging of some rubber stamps to the same size as the green background, and mounted it with glue dots.  I tore the handmade paper and scrunched it through my Bella ribbon buckle (silver) and attached it around my plastic and paper sandwich, then mounted it all on to black cardstock.  A few Kaiser rhinestones balanced the silver in the top corner. 

Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget - next week I will be bringing you my first project as one of the new first term designers for The Play Date Cafe!  Come along and join in the fun!

Fiona
xx

32 comments:

Pauline said...

Just gorgeous, I love the crystal buckle, and the fabric wrap, stunning!

Sarah Anderson said...

You made the green really sing Fee! Love this card, especially the fabric and the crystal buckle like Pauline! Really looking forward to you being a fully fledged play date designer next week :)

Tracey said...

I'm "green " with envy over this GORGEOUS card Fee!!!! LOVE it!! The buckle is such a perfect balance.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Well done with the color challenge, Fee! I like your contrast of rough images with delicate shiny ones such as the buckle and bling at the top. :)

Smita said...

OMG!!! This is such a stunner... I was supposed to comment on your card earlier today coz it caught my attention as soon as I saw the thumbnail! Lovely use of the handmade paper and gorgeous buckle too!!

Hugs from India,
Smita

Be(e) said...

Love all the textures on your card, Fiona!! Fabulous way of using the challenge colors!

Maria said...

Wow, lovin' your card!!! Great dimension, color and bling! Whew...a stunner...great job!!!

Ruby said...

This is LOVELY Fee! I love the dramatic fabric and glitzy buckle, beautiful! Looking forward to you joining us properly next week on the DT!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Fee, this is gorgeous! That blingy buckle against the green backdrop is absolutely eye-catching! Lovely work!

Lin said...

What a lovely take on the challenge! And thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog! Big congratulations on being named to the design team, too!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Fiona! Love the glam buckle!

peggy gatto said...

Lovely, sophisticated design, a real beauty!
Thanks for coming by my blog!

TuKara said...

Fee tes cartes sont uniques et très originaux.
En attente de votre premier projet de PLay Date Cafe.
Je vous souhaite bonne chance!

Susie said...

What an amazing card! Love all the layering and textures...wow...
Also, congratulations on being chosen as a DT member at the Play Date Cafe! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your art!!!

Debgem said...

So much texture, lots of layers and I love that crystal buckle. Lovely!

Emily Leiphart said...

WOW, absolutely stunning, Fiona! I LOVE that blingy buckle for the ribbon. It makes a great frame for the card!

Chrissie said...

What wonderful rich colours Fiona... beautiful card!
Chrissie

Michele Gross said...

WOW! That is soooo cool! I love how you stamped the gold on black-looks amazing!! And that buckle! Oh that buckle! Awesome way to make those colors sing!

janita mantel said...

beautiful

Angie Blom said...

wow.. beautiful loving the textures in this card. great green colour.

Penney said...

Been snooping around your blog and as with this card I love your use of textures!

Monique said...

Wonderful card Fiona!! Love the buckle!!

Rossylalah said...

You made the green really POP! Fiona! Great idea with the hand made paper. Just checked out all the other cards on The Play Date Cafe and love them all.

Papillon said...

Love the texture in this card-and the superb buckle.
(thanks for visiting my blog) Chris M

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty card tfs!!!

Susan Allan said...

Lovely creation...I am an admirie of Darkroom Door stamps. This creation is lovely and sort of vintagey-shabby-chic. No wonder you are on the PDCC design team. I so look forward to seeing your work each week.
Sue xx

Susan Allan said...

Sorry about the typing error. I am an 'admirer'

Loli said...

Hi Fiona, thank you for your comment.
really origunal card...
hugs from Spain

Joanne Leddy said...

This is really beautiful. I love the buckle and the greens are gorgeous. What a beautifully classy card - thanks for sharing!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH Fee! This is super cute--love that texture and that gold on black...love that rhinestone! OHHHHHH! Just love it all:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:}

Libby Hickson said...

So gorgeous Fee, wowza!!

E.T said...

I love this! So beautiful!