Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Catered Crop Follow the Recipe #5

Well here is a fun challenge I stumbled upon last week.  Catered Crop are hosting a follow-the-recipe challenge, and this is week number 5.  Here is my card:



I have chosen the following ingredients to incorporate into my card....


  • Color Mediums – Copic markers, black or blue ink (black ink)
  • Tools – art sponges; square or scallop die cuts or punches; embossing folders (edge punch)
  • Shapes hearts, swirls and scallops (hearts, scallops)

I had loads of fun putting this card together, thinking about how it would be interpreted as a recipe in it's own right.  So, here goes, this is my recipe if you are interested :)
  • Cardstock – dark brown, watermelon, soft honeycomb, sage green
  • Pattern Paper – soft swirls/flowers
  • Stamps – child, heart, greeting
  • Color Mediums – Derwent Coloursoft pencils, Distress Inks
  • Tools – sewing machine, square or scallop die cuts or punches, edge distresser
  • Embellishments – thread/cotton
  • Techniques – doodling, repeat stamping, hand stitching
  • Theme smile
  • Shapes hearts, swirls and scallops, circles
  • Other dimensional tape

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Fiona
xx

5 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Oh, Fiona! I love it! I especially love that magic you did with the dangling hearts. I want to do more hand embroidery/sewing on my cards - what a great, great idea. I'm so glad you joined us at Catered Crop, and thanks for the kind shout-out.

Rachel Hope said...

Goodness that is fun!!! Love the details! Thanks for cooking it up with the Catered Crop recipe!

Libby Hickson said...

Fee I'm so excited to see you playing along with Catered Crop, YAY!! And I love your card so much - those hanging hearts are genius! LOVE!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE these stamps--I was going to get this guy!! Great idea to pop his heart! LOVE that stitching and the stamping:) Great job!

Lux said...

Adorable! I use that stamp all the time...thanks again for introducing me to that site!!!