Saturday, February 12, 2011

CPS 204

I wanted to play along at the challenge at Card Positioning Systems blog last week, but I ran out of time :(  So this week I was determined to take part.

Here is the sketch....


And here is my interpretation...


I began by sewing strips of 7gypsies Avignon papers to the cardstock base.  I stamped the image from Paper Artsy HP 1007 onto some scrap SEI Windsor range paper.  The edges of all the strips and the image were distressed using a distressing tool and some pumice stone distress ink.  I embellished the stamped image with watch parts, DMC thread, rock candy crackle paint, a safety pin and chipboard shape.



Once dry I mounted it on more cardstock and then attached it to the card.  The sentiment is from Darkroom Door all occasions set, distressed with my fingernail and more pumice stone ink.  I added a few rhinestones for a little more texture.

Thanks for stopping by.

Fiona
xx

3 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is so graphic and vintage....looks fab! Great job with the CPS sketch! ♥♥♥

Dezinaworld said...

Fabulous work on this one i love all the detail
hugs June

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! I love that collage card--it has so many details and papers and images...fabulous take on that sketch:)